International Relocation

Moving to a different country is difficult enough when you’re just going on holiday (there’s always the last minute passport panic!), but when you are moving for work there are lots of other things you have to take in to consideration.

The good news is that your umbrella are happy to take care of all of this for you. So, if you are planning on coming to the UK for work get in touch with us as soon as possible, so you can relax in the knowledge that the professionals are with you every step of the way.

Relocating has many large costs involved such as your

You will be pleased to know that signing up with your umbrella means that you can offset these costs against your tax liability so that you end up paying less tax once you have relocated.

And the best part? You actually end up with a better take home percentage than those who are native to the UK!

So how does it work?

First and foremost, it’s important that you’re relocating because of a new employment, which takes you too far away from your current permanent home to be able to commute. For you to be able to benefit fully from the your umbrella relocation service you need to sign up and become an employee of your umbrella prior to starting your new contract here in the UK.

To help you find a new contract we have a Jobs Board which will keep you up to date with hundreds of vacancies, and we have excellent partnerships with recruitment companies who are always looking for high quality candidates.

Once you have confirmed your employment with us, then you are entitled to certain relief from UK Income Tax and National Insurance. Put simply, if you’re moving from abroad, you are entitled to up to £8,000 tax free to help towards your costs.

You could also be entitled to a tax reduction for all of your travel costs between the UK and your home abroad for up to five years.If you are in the UK for 60 consecutive days, you could also be entitled to a tax free payment to cover the costs of two trips each year for your spouse or children to visit you or to travel with you to and from the UK.

Just to reiterate, these expenses will reduce your tax liability once you begin earning money, you will not receive the cost of your expenses back as a cash sum.

You should also take a look at our expenses policy for your umbrella employees, as this could be applicable to you too. 

Remember that we’re just giving you the guidelines as stipulated by HMRC in the UK.  You always have to have receipts for these expenses, and you should speak to one of our experts for more guidance and assistance.  That’s what we’re here for after all! Call us on 0844 854 5225 or live chat with us now.